One of the most problematic aspects of water damage is the fact that it can lead to mold cropping up in moist, humid areas. New Sunrise is here and ready to get started on the mold removal process.
Give Us A Call (775) 800-1429 or Book Online
A mold outbreak can be extremely detrimental to your home. Mold can destroy wood facing and severely degrade your home’s structural integrity. Foul, dark spots can be quite a turnoff for guests and mold outbreaks can send the value of your property plummeting. Add to that the very real danger of mold inhalation and all the health hazards that come with it, and the need for immediate mold remediation becomes clear.
New Sunrise Cleaning and Restoration, the best mold remediation team that Reno has to offer has you covered. We will detect mold at the source, dry and dehumidify spaces so as to prevent mold outbreaks in the future.
- Free Mold Inspections
- Attic Mold Removal
- Basement Mold Removal
- Crawlspace Mold Removal
- Kitchen Mold Removal
- Bathroom Mold Removal
- Bedroom Mold Removal
- Drywall Mold Removal
- Plaster Mold Removal
- Ceiling Mold Removal
- Concrete Mold Removal
- Foundation Mold Removal
Common Areas Where Mold Thrives in Your Home
Humid and Damp Places
Mold loves moisture. Areas in your home that are consistently humid or have suffered water damage are prime spots for mold growth. This can include hidden areas like under sinks, behind appliances, and inside wall cavities.
Basements often bear the brunt of water issues, whether from leaks, condensation, or groundwater seepage. In Reno, rapid weather changes can exacerbate these issues. Regularly inspect your basement for signs of dampness and mold.
A daily hotspot for moisture, bathrooms are a favorite for mold. Showers, baths, and sinks create a lot of humidity, which can penetrate drywall and tiles if not properly ventilated. Ensure your bathroom has good airflow and consider a dehumidifier to keep the humidity in check.
Ensure areas like your bathroom and kitchen are well-ventilated. Exhaust fans can significantly reduce moisture buildup.
In areas prone to dampness, like basements, a dehumidifier can be a great investment to keep moisture levels low.
Especially after Reno’s rainy season or rapid snowmelt, inspect your home for any signs of water damage or increased humidity.
By staying aware of these common mold hotspots and taking preventive measures, you can keep your home safe, healthy, and mold-free. If you suspect mold growth, our professional mold removal services in Reno are here to help, ensuring your home is thoroughly inspected and treated for any mold issues.
Our Mold Remediation Process
- Mold Identification: We begin by identifying all areas where mold is present, ensuring thorough coverage.
- Remediation Plan: A customized plan is developed for the specific needs of your home.
- Owner Consultation: We review the plan with you, discussing potential health risks and structural damages if mold is left untreated.
- Approval to Proceed: Post your approval, we initiate the remediation, a process requiring professional expertise due to its complexity.
- Containment Setup: We enclose the affected area to prevent mold spores from spreading. The size and scope of the enclosure depend on the extent of the mold and the configuration of your space, such as crawlspaces or larger rooms.
- Air Quality Management: Before or during containment, we deploy HEPA-equipped air scrubber machines. Depending on the contamination level, these machines operate while we’re setting up the containment, filtering out 99.97% of particles from the air.
- Creating Negative Air Pressure: Once containment is established, the air scrubber creates negative pressure within the space, akin to an air balloon. This means the air inside is continuously cycled through the HEPA filter, preventing contaminated air from leaking out and allowing clean, filtered air in.
- Safe Demolition: We proceed with caution, removing mold-infested materials while being mindful of hidden electrical wiring and plumbing. Personnel wear protective equipment, including respirators or full-face masks, as needed.
- Moldy Material Disposal:
- Bagging the Waste: Infected materials like carpet, baseboards, insulation, and wood floors are securely bagged.
- Secure Vacuuming Inside Bags: We carefully HEPA vacuum inside each bag to ensure no mold escapes when the waste is removed from the containment area.
- Removal from Containment: The bags are only removed from the containment area after ensuring they are fully sealed and vacuumed.
- Surface Treatment: Surfaces are cleaned, disinfected, and sometimes treated with abrasive methods like wire brushing, damp wiping, sandblasting, or soda blasting to remove mold stains and ensure thorough decontamination.
- Disinfection: We spray all surfaces with a plant-based, industry-standard disinfectant, targeting any remaining mold spores and microorganisms.
- Final Cleaning: Everything is wiped down with microfiber cloths to ensure comprehensive coverage and cleanliness.
- Drying: We deploy humidifiers and/or air movers if any area remains damp, as detected by our moisture detection devices.
- Review with Homeowner: Upon completion, we discuss our findings and the status of the remediation with you.
- Optional Final Air Test: We can coordinate a final air quality test with an environmental hygienist to verify all areas are mold-free.
- Equipment Removal: After the area is verified clean, we remove our equipment.
- Certification of Completion: You receive a certificate confirming the successful mold remediation that must be signed.
Understanding the complexity and potential risks of mold, we’re committed to a process that’s thorough, transparent, and thoroughly documented. At New Sunrise Cleaning and Restoration, each step of our remediation process is carefully recorded, from the initial assessment to the final clearance. This not only ensures a high standard of accountability but also provides you with a comprehensive record of the work done in your home. With our dedication to making your home safe and mold-free, you can trust in our commitment to your well-being and peace of mind.
Our Commitment to Safety: Protecting Occupants and Employees
At New Sunrise Cleaning and Restoration the health and safety of everyone in your home, including our employees, is our top priority. When dealing with mold, we take extra precautions to ensure the well-being of all occupants, particularly those who may be more vulnerable, such as the elderly or individuals with pre-existing health conditions.
Detailed Assessment: Before starting the remediation, we assess the situation and the occupants’ health conditions to tailor our approach accordingly.
Effective Communication: We keep you informed and involved. Before we begin, we’ll discuss the potential risks and the steps we’ll take to mitigate them.
Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Our team wears appropriate PPE, such as masks, gloves, and protective clothing, to ensure their safety and prevent cross-contamination.
Secure Containment: We isolate the affected area to prevent the spread of mold spores to other parts of the house, using physical barriers and negative air pressure.
Air Quality Control: HEPA air scrubbers are used to filter out mold spores and maintain clean air within the work area and the rest of the home.
Safe Demolition and Disposal: We carefully remove and dispose of mold-infested materials, ensuring they’re securely bagged and HEPA vacuumed to prevent any escape of spores.
Post-Remediation Review: After completion, we review the entire process with you, discussing any potential concerns and providing tips for preventing future mold growth.
Optional Air Quality Testing: For additional assurance, we can arrange for an environmental hygienist to conduct a final air quality test, confirming the successful removal of mold.