When it comes to making your tile and grout or stone floors looking their best, New Sunrise Cleaning is the best choice for tile and grout cleaning. We bring back the original colors and beauty of your tile and stone floors that have been hidden under years of accumulated soil, grime, grease, oils, and other trapped pollutants. We'll start by inspecting the floor and choose the right method of cleaning as some floors will require a different approach depending on the floors condition and type of contaminants.
Our Tile & Grout Cleaning Process
- We first choose the right cleaning solution we are going to use. (Depending on the type of contaminants we're dealing with) For example, if we are cleaning a kitchen floor where grease/oil is present we will be using an alkaline/degreaser type product.
- We then start our cleaning procedure by placing corner protectors to protect the paint and furniture inside your house. We wear shoe covers inside your home and use drop cloths on other hard surfaces floors to protect them as well.
- We start our powerful truck mount machine and begin to pre-spray our cleaning solution. Sometimes some elbow grease is required and we're not afraid to do so. We have a wide range of tools we can use to scrub your grout lines to help our cleaning solution penetrate further to break up the soiling that is present. Once the solution is applied and scrubbed, we let it dwell a few minutes to break down and loosen the embedded contaminants by doing this we allow the products to work to its maximum efficiency.
- We rinse and extract at the same time and our tile cleaning tools give us the benefits of a pressure washing system with virtually no mess to worry about. We can restore your tile and grout floors to an almost new condition. .
- We also offer Clear Sealer that is a penetrating sealer meaning it doesn't just protect the surface of the grout but also is absorbed below the grout surface. We can also change the color of your grout lines by applying our color sealing product. This gives the grout a different look you were looking for with the added benefit of a quality grout sealing product.
Note: There are times we come across tile and grout floors that have had a protective coating such as wax applied. If we find wax or some sort of protective coating or residue on the tile this will require more labor and product to properly restore the floor. We'll notify you of this before we start during the inspection stage. Please read our FAQ section below on why we do not recommend applying wax to your tile and grout.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are often asked questions about tile and grout cleaning & sealing. Here are the most common questions.
Q: Can’t I do it myself? Why should I pay you?
A: We have the education, training, and tools to properly clean tile and grout and apply the sealers we carry. There are many store bought sealers that leave sticky residues that may get on the tile face and they are extremely difficult if not impossible to remove. When we apply our sealers we ensure the entire floor is protected, and the product is distributed evenly for maximum protection and efficiency.
Q: What do sealers actually protect against?
A: A penetrating sealer repels water-based and oil-based liquids, prevents stains caused by most beverages and food; and protects the surface from dirt and impurities.
Q: Should I apply wax to my tile and grout?
A: We highly recommend you DO NOT apply wax to your tile. Wax will break down over time and eventually go away. While it breaks down it can flake and discolor your tile and grout or stone. The deteriorated wax can also attract soil causing your tile and grout to get dirtier even quicker. Removing the wax from the floor is an expensive process and it is usually a multiple day process depending on how big of an area.
Q: After my tile and grout is sealed does it need to be cleaned again?
A: Yes, absolutely! We will provide you with tips on how to keep your floor looking beautiful in between professional tile and grout cleanings. We will also help and advise you to determine your frequency of having your tile and grout professionally cleaned.